Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hey everyone, have a look at today's post!

This was the piece I worked from today.


Henri Matisse - "Luxembourg Gardens"

This one's a bit different from the others in that it's less about detailed and intricate pattern and more about the way the objects are grouped. I guess this one's a little more about the composition than the others, oh well. They're both intertwined so I'm not mad about it, a fresh pair of eyes really does give you new insight. There's an interesting use of atmospheric perspective here. Our eyes see cool colors and immediately perceive that those objects are far away, yet there's a real back and forth between cool and warm tones. This has this sort of jarring effect that kind of pushes you forward and pulls you back. It's really pretty neat. Anyway, let's see how I did.


I like it, there are some flaws, but it's pretty good. My interpretation of the egg shaped trees in the background aren't quite in the right spot, the one in the absolute background's also a little misshapen. I also had a bit of trouble getting getting the color of the foliage on the right correct. I think there's a little more blue in there with the teal, and I didn't add it cause I don't think I could quite see it at the time. Other than all of that I think this one's okay.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for something new! Till then, have a good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment