Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hey there everyone! Here's today's (very late) self portrait!


Here's today's photo reference, I look slightly unimpressed which is funny because...



...I pretty much am slightly unimpressed (by my work that is). Nah, it's not really all that bad. I actually like this one a lot for being done so quickly, the previous pieces took a lot longer than this one. I guess I work best when I'm working fast. Apparently momentum's kinda important with this sort of thing, so I guess that was today's learning experience. I think I'm definitely getting better rendering my features, I feel like I know what things to draw to make these pieces look more like myself. This one suffers from a lack of contrast in the mouth area, along with some odd beardage occurring on the left side of my face. It was a valiant effort for such a quick drawing. I'm gonna try to allocate a little more time to this tomorrow, I guess we'll see how that goes then.

Check back tomorrow for another painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment