Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hey everyone, here's tonight's update. This one's pretty special, have a look!


This was today's photo reference, as I mentioned yesterday I felt like I had a tough time capturing the essence of 'goatee me', so I was gonna give it another try today. Let's see how I did.


I think I outdid myself again. I'm elated about the way this piece turned out. I didn't think I'd be able to top this, but I really feel like I did. I will completely own hating this piece initially, I thought it was simply going to be terrible, and I'd just have to give up on it. I almost felt like this was going to defeat me today. I felt like my streak would be ruined, I should just give up and accept this beat me. That's exactly what I didn't do, and I'm so proud I made that choice. Today I learned that if there's something there, even if it's dislike or outright hate for what you're working on, that can be enough to keep you motivated. Today I had a breakthrough, and I'm so happy I didn't give up on myself. If I had this wouldn't have happened.

As a quick side note, I really want to thank everyone that has been viewing my blog. I don't post links on Facebook to have others inflate my ego, I genuinely like sharing what I do and getting feedback. Even if you just take the time to hit the "like" button, it's quantifiable support for me, and sometimes that's really important. Something like someone believing in you can be a pretty abstract concept so to see it translated into something visible really helps me to remember why I do this. My end goal in art isn't making money, or becoming famous (if that even happens), it's inspiring people. Whether it be inspiration for other artists, or for anyone that wants to do something but doesn't think they can.

You absolutely can do anything, anything you want, so long as you simply do it. It's no harder than that.

Thanks for reading, and for your support, I couldn't have done this without you all.

Today's piece probably took a total of about six and a half hours to finish (and I've been playing hooky from work), so I can't promise I'll be upstaging this one tomorrow. However, I'm going to do my best to be happy with what I complete. 

Check back again tomorrow for another update. Have a great night everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment