Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hey everyone! It's time for today's update.




Here's the photo, let's see how it came out!



I feel like this one's not so good, and not too bad, it's just sort of there. Oh well, let's review. I definitely didn't spend too much time on this piece today so that's not helping matters. The most glaringly obvious issues are the darkness of my hair and beard in relation to the photo. Darkening them here didn't really work like it did yesterday because it doesn't serve to enhance the expression. The other issue is the overall head shape, I think the tops a bit too round, and my jaw doesn't seem quite right. My ears are okay looking though! The mouth's a little too nondescript there's really no dark or light to give a lot of depth to the curvature of the lips. Also teeth are a bit problematic, they kinda look like dentures (which I definitely do not have). To finish this critique off, the eyes are okay. Boy, that was overwhelmingly positive, right? Better luck tomorrow.

Check back again soon for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment