Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's update.


This expression is pretty much exactly what my face looked like when I ate my take-out this evening. I picked it up from the usual place, but it was just no good. Clearly I was devastated, let's see how it turned out.


I like how this one turned out, but it's not without it's flaws. Most obviously it is way too dark, I think I'm overcompensating on account of yesterday's piece looking washed out. I went from overexposed to underexposed, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to find a happy medium. I like how the wrinkles in my forehead look along with the ones above my mouth. I also like the look of the scratched out remains of the first grey tones I put on the canvas when I start painting. I gave them a bit of a radial curve, so all the lines emanate from my head outward. The others in past paintings have been kind of haphazard, so this was a neat change. I definitely think I'm gonna work on this one another night and polish it a little further.

That's all for tonight's update, check back tomorrow for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment