Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hey everyone, it's the 31st, that means this is the final update of the month. I'll be posting a list of my favorite - and not so favorite - doodles from this month, and the last picture will be the final sketch for May. Let's get started!



This one sits at the bottom of the list 'cause it's just kinda boring, and upon further review I don't really like the way it was rendered.



This one needs contrast, like, a lot. More contrast plz, thnx.



I sort of liked where this one was going, there's something neat in there potential wise, but it just didn't happen. It's not bad - but it definitely could be better.



I kind of like this one, it sort of looks like a few different things, but it mostly looks like I'm focusing on a closeup of someone's nostrils.



This one's in the middle of the list because I think the post below dos a better job of conveying a human form in a high contrast image.



I really like how the overall shape of the figure in this image isn't extremely well defined, but you can still tell it's a humanoid figure. I also enjoy the fact that it looks to be in motion.



This piece made it to the fourth spot on the list because it has super interesting texture, and really neat lighting (even if it doesn't really make sense).



This drawing is the reason why my top pick of this month exists, and for that reason alone it's placed pretty high up. However, it actually looks really cool too! I love the sheen on the ovoid "head" of the figure.



This one is really cool because it reminds me a bit of a tormented spirit of some kind, it looks like it's about to reach just out of frame and grab someone, and a I really like that!



This piece is probably one of my favorite things I've done this year. There's a lot of emotion and expression in the eyes, and that's something I've always struggled with. Super proud of this one.

Alright, so without further ado, here's the final doodle for May.


This one's alright, my top pick's rather a tough act to follow, but I'm pretty happy with this doodle overall.

Well that's it, one more month down, seven more to go! I know my doodles this month were a bit hueless, but I'm thinking June's gonna be a whole lot more colorful! Check back tomorrow for something new, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment