Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another update.

Here's what I came up with today.


This piece came from a place of stress, anxiety, and a few other emotions. That's a great thing though! Most of the work I've done and posted this year has been a demonstration of technical skill, but I think this is the first piece I've completed that truly comes from feelings I've had. That's what art is ultimately about (in my mind), using a medium of your choice to express yourself and convey those feelings to others. Even though this image is rather dark, it's something I can look at be proud of, because I feel like I succeeded in producing something that really is "art" as I've defined it.

That's all for this update, don't forget to check back tomorrow to see something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment