Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'm gonna start things off in this post with a photo, this was one of the first I took with my new camera.


There's nothing like a sunset in my backyard, the sky in Florida at dusk is beautiful. I just love all of the different types of clouds in this shot. It's also kinda neat because the power-lines kinda pull your eye toward the center of the image and down to the sky that's being reflected in the water.


Next we've got this digital landscape painting I did a few months back. I was really inspired by a setting you might find somewhere in the UK, it just looks like a really pretty bay you'd find in a rural area in England. I think painting the foreground was my favorite part, I liked mixing all the different shades of greens, browns, and yellows to give it some texture.


Finally we come to this pen sketch I did in a notebook I have. I was imagining what it might look like exploring a jungle on another planet and this is what came to be. This is something I scanned with the intention of completing in Photoshop, and that's just what I'm going to do. I've decided I won't be updating my blog on Saturday this week to fulfill my self-imposed three post a week rule. Instead I'm going to work on this for the next few days and post the finished result on Monday February third. I have my sights set on this being a piece that will make it into my portfolio, so I'm gonna try to really knock it out of the park on this one. I'll be posting the finished result on Monday!  


No comments:

Post a Comment