Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hey everyone! So I was planning to post a few things tomorrow but I figured I might as well share some stuff tonight.


This guy was drawn in this really great Strathmore sketchbook I got. It's the first one I've ever had with toned gray paper. It was nice to draw with the mid-tones already taken care of, that really allowed me to control the highlights as well as the shadows. I'm pretty happy with this sketch, it didn't end up being any larger than the corner of the page, but it's a neat concept I'd definitely like to revisit later.


Now it's time for some digital art. This was painted in Photoshop over the course of a couple of days. I used a photo I took of a local landscape to create the color pallet for this image. I'm always drawing creatures and things like that, so it was kinda nice to test my skills with something like a traditional landscape painting. I wanted the style to be a bit loose, this wasn't something I took too much time planning, but I think the end result's pretty pleasing.

Finally we come to this really cool photo I was able to get of this locust. I was out in the yard just taking some pictures of flowers and as I was walking toward the porch to go back inside I saw this huge thing fly right by me. I turned my camera back on and found it sitting just like this on the fence. Luckily it was nice enough to let me snag this shot before it crept away. I really like how it's sitting between this narrow beam of light coming through the slats of the fence.

I hope you guys liked those, I think they're a nice way to start of this blog. Each a little bit of what I love doing, drawing, digital painting, and taking pictures. I'm sorry for the small quality of the images. I plan on starting a deviantart account along with a flickr so that I'll have a place to display everything at full resolution. That's all for tonight! Thanks for checking these out, there's much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment