Monday, February 3, 2014

Alright! So here's the sketch I said I'd be working on in last week. Take a good look one more time.

After quite a few hours in Photoshop while listening to a whole bunch of music this is the end result...


I'm super pleased with the way it turned out, the color, the clouds, the waterfall, it all works beautifully together. I think the greatest thing about this piece was how much I learned while doing it. My number one takeaway is probably that it's so important to layer your color. There are so many different shades on top of each other in this piece, blue-grays, purple-grays, green-grays, and they all blend together to form something that looks (hopefully) somewhat realistic. I'd say my only minus here is probably the large leaf like structures, I was initially going for something with a bit more of a scifi look, but it ended up coming out a little more traditionally pretty, and that kinda rendered those leaves a little out of place. Oh well, I'll plan better next time I suppose. Thanks for checking this out, I hope it was worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment