Monday, March 24, 2014

Hey everyone, it's that time again for another blog post! I did a little sketch on my iPad while at work and this is what I came up with.


He's kinda cool, I liked the whole lava theme I had going so I decided to give him his very own finished digital painting!


The design didn't stay exactly the same, he looks a bit more sinister here (which I'm totally okay with). I really like the smoke from the volcanoes in the background, and the heat coming off of the lava in front. I wanted him to appear like he was just stepping out of the molten pool behind him and his body was still forming. That's why I his hands in a sort of stringy dripping state. I'm really happy with the overall look of the piece, so much so that I'm doing a series of elemental creature designs. The next one's in the works so look for a new update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment