Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for today's update! Check it out!


This one was a lot of fun. I tried to do something different today and I think it really helped. I mentioned in previous posts that I was working back to front to finish the piece but this time around I did it in several passes. I started first with simply laying down basic color from back to front through the image, then went over it three times to add in additional detail. I feel like it helped me to work more quickly and that helps when painting something like this, when you just work painstakingly slow on one part it becomes a joyless slog. This kept it fun throughout, which is always a good thing. The color's probably what I'm most proud of in this piece, it's a really great illustration of how atmospheric perspective effects color. Here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as a reference for the study above.

That's all for today, check back tomorrow for another update! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment