Sunday, January 10, 2016

Success!

After being a bit disappointed in what I produced last night, I thought a little bit more about what I was trying to convey. What I have for you this evening is the result of putting those thoughts to [digital] paper, check it out!


Now this is something I'm proud of! There was no context to the image I posted last night. It was a close-up of a half-baked character design, and a background that provided no information whatsoever. This piece actually tells a story, which really is really the core of what makes it interesting. Originally the top third of this image didn't exist. After a friend looked it over he suggested the character needed something to look at, and that's when I extended the canvas and added in the spaceship flying away. Thanks for that Angelo! With all of the pieces in place I arrived at this finished concept sketch! I can't let myself forget, story, story, story; that's the goal!

On another note, I thought it might be fun to share a little process gif with you this evening, so here you go!


I know I mentioned that I wanted to spend this weekend working on some of the posts I've shared previously; and although I didn't get to it today, that's what I hope to do tomorrow!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new(ish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment