Monday, July 18, 2016

Artist/Artifice (Whatever)

Most people don't think themselves creative, but each day we push our own individual narratives forward. We make choices, and through action or inaction, these decisions become part of our story. A grain of sand is a mountain to something smaller than it, so then how big are our interactions really? What's the true scale of a word? How impactful is a plea for help? What are the consequences of a touch? How do these things relate to our stories as people?

The only things that are truly "real" to us are the boundaries between each other. Differences in shape, color, size, this is how we navigate the world. Take away those methods of distinction and we end up in endless grey.

I guess that's why I've always been drawn to abstract art; it makes me try to understand things in a different way. It's a means of looking at objects, people, feelings - from the inside and outside - with an open mind.


I don't know what this piece means, but it got me here so maybe that's meaning enough.

That's all for tonight, I'll hopefully be posting more art soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment